Managing a fleet of drones for bigger mission? This is what you need…
“Unity is strength… when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” – Mattie J.T. Stepanek
With aerial robots such as drones to our help, fleet of drones are helping civilisations achieve larger and tedious operations with ease. Here are some examples:
- During Covid-19 lockdown, police departments from across nations wanted to have surveillance of larger areas using multiple drones to monitor the situation on ground from a single command centre.
- Delivery companies want to cater to multiple deliveries simultaneously in a city by fleet of drones.
- Agriculture spraying requires many drones for spraying in large farms at a time for minimizing the time and efforts for spraying.
- Land surveying requires to have fleet of drones to fly simultaneously to cover larger areas in a day so that time and efforts can be saved.
- Any fire incident mitigation team would expect multiple drones to fly and live stream data of the affected area simultaneously to the command centre of chief of fire department.
- Security surveillance at state and country borders need fleet of drones to fly and carryout continuous surveillance to keep a watch on major area at any given point of time for effective security.
- Natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes etc. would require a fleet of drones to fly and monitor the situation simultaneously for a given area for better understanding of the situation and better information to mitigate it.
And there are so many similar applications where we need fleet of drones for the better good.
In situations where a swarm of drones are needed, it becomes important to have a solution such as command control centre for managing the operations. At PDRL, we have developed ‘AeroMegh’, with a command control centre for efficient management of drone fleet.
Here is how it’s done.:
- Add RPAS Type under the NPNT section of the AeroMegh
- Add RPA under the NPNT Section of AeroMegh
- Create your customers under the NPNT section of the AeroMegh
- Assign RPA to customer from AeroMegh
- Register the RPA as per guidelines of DGCA
- Create Mission Plan either from AeroGCS or Remote Mission Planning of AeroMegh.
- Launch the mission plan and click on tracking button which is in Fly view. Refer the below screen shot.
- Once tracking is enabled, go to Command Centre of AeroMegh. Once clicked, you can see multiple drones moving on a geo-map in command centre. Refer the below screen shot.
- You can select any drone to track its position.
This tracking feature of AeroMegh helps you track all drones in your fleet on a geo-map simultaneously. Command centre officer can understand how many drones of a fleet are actual doing their job in real-time. If some drones are not flying due to any reason, he can understand that and may prepare for re-launch of flights. This helps to monitor the overall large operation and role played by each of the drones in the particular operation. Certainly, when multiple entities are assigned a role to play in a larger mission it is important to have surety that everyone played its role to achieve 100% success of that operation. To make the operation 100% successful, it is important to track, monitor, and act on each flight of each drone. AeroMegh simplifies this operation for you.