The Drone Ecosystem has been growing with amplified demand and revenue since past decade. After a turbulent period of adjusting forecast and changing expectations, 2023 will be a year of reemergence and growth in the construction Industry. Rising Construction cost and labor shortages persist, challenging the industry to innovate competitive new ideas, while stricter regulations contribute to a reduced margin for error.
Construction project managers often map the site every month/quarter, employing drones. Routine surveying is fundamental for tracing development, safety inspections and real-time quality and progress monitoring. Drones allows the users to give a birds-eye-view on the entire project and reveal concerns that are probably impossible at the ground level inspections. Geotagging capabilities of drones enable the capture of necessary area measurement and transform it into an estimated stockpile volume for quick, reliable decision making.
The digitalization of job sites has given rise to a broad perspective of the entire construction project in just a single snapshot required by developers. The representation of land as an orthomosaic map, which is a sequence of individual photos linked together contributes as in-depth analysis as they can estimate true distances. The drone captured data can be mirrored as 3D models to give life to the Constructor’s perspective of their project. A comprehensive 360-degree view of the job site allows clients, stack holders and even the workers to gain insight about the project.
Drone Technology has allowed the construction industry to display their projects in ways they would never envision. As the team gets bigger-picture and moves towards efficiency and informed decisions-making, more comprehensive and productive results would be obtained.
The significance of Artificial Intelligence based Drone Software for drone management, drone image processing, drone data analytics has vastly increased. Receiving data and in a constructed manner within clicks is like a dream come true.
Benefits of Drones in Construction:
- Monitoring: Construction Progress Monitoring is a crucial job for developers, contractors, site engineers. With monthly UAV Site Monitoring, excellent drone data can be produced on-site at flexible and real-time. Contractors and other respective involved persona can monitor their subcontractors, raw material, equipment and stockpile volumes as well.
- Surveying: GIS is evolving adjacent to drone technology. Obtaining Drone Data quickly is now an achievable task and can be performed in real-time when compared to traditional techniques and methods. The skilled pilot can plan and execute flights without hindering any on-going construction activities.
- Progress Reporting: Staying informed with all stakeholders involved in the project is vital. Progress reports are a great way to keep track of activities, keeping investors involved, saving costs through staying intact always. Drone captures accurate information that can be visualized and transformed into reports and kept for future references as well. The data can be represented in multiple data types like Orthomosaic, DSM, DTM, 3D Models and other photogrammetry outputs.
- Inventory Management: Keeping track of all raw material, equipment and inventory on-site is a challenging task. Using photogrammetry, captured drone data can help you keep eye on the assets at your convenience instead of exhausting hours operating at the construction site.
- Volumetric Estimation: With measuring tools, the construction projects can keep a keen watch on the size of the material entering and leaving the site. Stockpiles measurement results in preserved time and funds for the users.
- Structural Integrity Maintenance: Regular quality checks of the site, its elevation is a practice that should be carried out without a doubt. Identifying and inspecting any structure vulnerability aids eliminate possible future problems regarding safety and high costs in the events of any lawsuit.
Significance of Drone Software Construction
One of the significant disadvantages of traditional monitoring in construction projects is that a stern execution process must be carried that leaves no potential for last-minute modifications. Since there is a considerable risk of human errors, the accuracy of real-time data is often compromised leading to re-work. A reliable monitoring and surveying system can be established to obtain accurate, timely and trustworthy data. Some essential applications of Drones in Construction are as follows:
Simplified Site Survey: Fly and Capture data easily, process to monitor the progress of construction site.
Performance Monitoring: Available data can be used quickly shared to derive the actionable wherever needed.
Progress Monitoring: Gives timely progress update of any site/project by quicker availability of data.
Document Site with Ease: Manage and Document Site with Simple steps and share with stack holders.
Drone Management Software makes it easier to perform all the activities and tasks on one platform saving time and efforts and Creating More Time to Live!